Employees from a Morinville restaurant saved two men from a fire earlier this month.

According to a Facebook post from Morinville Asian Garden, a restaurant in the town, two of their employees used a ladder to help people on the second floor of the Morinville Plaza Hotel and Suites.

"We were lucky to save two dudes from the second floor that got trapped by the smoke," read the Facebook post.

Alongside the post was a video of the rescue, taken from a security camera. The two employees placed the ladder on top of a trolley to give enough height to reach the second-story window.

Onlookers can be seen in the background as the first man makes his way down the ladder before helping keep it steady for the other man.

Apart from being a hotel, the building also served as low-income housing. In total, 27 residents were displaced from their homes.