COVID-19 cases have plateaued in the Heartland.
The province identified 333 new cases of the virus in the last day. Currently, 368 people are in the hospital, and 70 are in intensive care.
There are 4,094 active cases of COVID-19 in Alberta.
No new deaths were reported on Thursday (Dec.9), 3,271 COVID-19 related deaths have been reported in Alberta since the start of the pandemic.
Here are the number of active cases as of Thursday:
- Fort Saskatchewan: 29 cases
- Sherwood Park: 69 cases
- Strathcona County: 22 cases
- Sturgeon County: 31 cases
- Morinville: nine cases
- Lamont County: zero cases
Several area schools are currently listed as being under “alert” status, including:
- Fort Saskatchewan Christian School, Fort Saskatchewan (Alert 2-4 cases)
- Brentwood School, Sherwood Park (Alert 5-9 cases)
- Ecole Claudette-et-Denis-Tardif, Sherwood Park (Alert 2-4 cases)
- New Horizons School, Sherwood Park (Alert 2-4 cases)
- Wes Hosford School, Sherwood Park (Alert 2-4 cases)
The total per cent of those fully immunized:
- Fort Saskatchewan: 72.3 per cent
- Sherwood Park: 79.1 per cent
- Strathcona County: 74.8 per cent
- Sturgeon County West (including Morinville): 68.6 per cent
- Sturgeon County East: 68.2 per cent
- Lamont County: 65.4 per cent
A total of 7.07-million doses of the vaccine have now been administered in the province; 89.1 per cent of the population over 12 has received at least one dose, while 84.6 per cent are fully vaccinated. For kids aged 5-11, 75,771 children, or 19.4 per cent, have now received one dose.