The Canada Day parade in Fort Saskatchewan is right around the corner.
Beginning at 11 a.m., the parade is estimated to last an hour and feature close to 100 groups or organizations.
What to bring:
- Lawn chairs and blankets to sit along the route
- Weather-appropriate clothing (also your best red and white attire)
- Bags to catch candy as the parade rolls by
Here is the official parade route:
- Begin northbound on 96 Avenue
- The parade will make a turn eastbound on 102 Street and 99 Avenue
- It will then veer left on 108 Street to continue northbound
- Next, the parade will turn right onto 101 Avenue to continue westbound before turning left to go southbound on 101 Street
- After continuing southbound down 101 Street, the parade route will conclude back near the start at 96 Avenue
This event is free and will go on rain or shine. Extreme weather conditions may alter the plan of the parade.