Vaccination rates are slowly creeping up across the region.
A total of 6.15-million doses of the vaccine have now been administered in the province; 84.6 per cent of eligible Albertans have received at least one dose, while 75.2 per cent are fully vaccinated.
Local vaccination rates
The total per cent of people fully immunized with the vaccine as of Wednesday:
- Fort Saskatchewan: 62.9 per cent
- Sherwood Park: 73.4 per cent
- Strathcona County: 66.9 per cent
- Sturgeon County West (including Morinville): 59.4 per cent
- Sturgeon County East: 59.2 per cent
- Lamont County: 56.2 per cent
The province reported 1,263 new cases of the virus on Tuesday. Currently, 1,083 people are in the hospital, and 247 are in intensive care.
There are 18,912 active cases of COVID-19 in Alberta.
There were 26 deaths reported on Wednesday. A total of 2,804 Albertans have now passed away from COVID-19.
The first number is the active case count on Tuesday for the area, and the second is the updated total as of Wednesday:
- Fort Saskatchewan: 152 cases - 138 cases
- Sherwood Park: 228 cases - 225 cases
- Strathcona County: 77 cases - 76 cases
- Sturgeon County: 102 cases - 118 cases
- Morinville: 112 cases - 104 cases
- Lamont County: 40 cases - 35 cases