The province has provided the latest COVID-19 numbers.
As of Friday (Sept.17) afternoon, 80 per cent of eligible Albertans had received the first dose of vaccine. In a release from the province, daily vaccine doses nearly tripled on Sept.16, just one day after the province announced a new round of restrictions.
A total of 5.75-million doses of the vaccine have now been administered in the province; 80.1 per cent of eligible Albertans have received at least one dose, while 71.8 per cent are fully vaccinated.
2,020 new cases of the virus were reported in the province Friday; currently, there are 19,201 active cases of COVID-19 in Alberta.
911 people are in the hospital and 215 are in intensive care.
The province also reported 18 new deaths Friday. A total of 2,523 Albertans have now passed away from COVID-19.
The first number is the active case count on Thursday (Sept.16) for the area, and the second is the updated total as of Friday:
- Fort Saskatchewan: 117 cases - 122 cases
- Sherwood Park: 258 cases - 247 cases
- Strathcona County: 110 cases - 104 cases
- Sturgeon County: 135 cases - 143 cases
- Morinville: 58 cases - 62 cases
- Lamont County: 53 cases - 49 cases
The total per cent of people fully immunized with the vaccine as of Friday:
- Fort Saskatchewan: 60.2 per cent
- Sherwood Park: 71.2 per cent
- Strathcona County: 64.4 per cent
- Sturgeon County West (including Morinville): 56.6 per cent
- Sturgeon County East: 56.6 per cent
- Lamont County: 53.8 per cent